Search This Blog

Friday, December 18, 2009

CLIMATE CHANGE HITS KENT...
This is the scene here in deepest Kent this morning. The promised overnight snow has produced about eight inches or so and, as always happens when we get a bit of snow, panic sets in, schools are closed, travel is disrupted - it`s almost as if we revel in the inconvenience.
My morning started off with an appointment to see winsome dentist Louise, following one the fillings she put in a few weeks ago escaping whilst I was enjoying a beef sandwich - which quickly turned into a beef and tooth filling sandwich. I set off in good time, having decided to leave the car in the garage and I quite enjoyed the sunny, snowy walk. I got there about five minutes late, only to be told that Louise wasn`t well and so my appointment has been put back no less than three weeks, as the festive season is upon us - apparently. No real problem for me - but it does mean my Christmas diet may have to be revised to exclude things like nuts which might give my choppers a problem, being sans filling and all.
Barney loves the snow - he went out for his morning constitutional with Mrs. Snopper and had a great time romping around with his mates and it was also good to see so many children out sliding down the nearby slopes and enjoying this very seasonal weather. Made me wish I was about twelve again. It`s one thing retaining a mental age of twelve, which I have succeeded in doing, but quite another to think that my body would be up for slope sliding.
And apart from the weather, today`s news is dominated by the discussions in Copenhagen about climate change and global warming. Such sweet irony.

1 comment:

Wurzel said...

Go on - give it a go, you know you want to. Slope sliding is a piece of proverbial whatever your age. It's the reaching the bottom at speed that is the problem but you can cross that bridge, so to speak, when you come to it.