Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

LOVE AT FIRST BITE..
Our week of looking after Judy the Soft Wheaten Terrier is up tomorrow when her owners return from their holiday in Turkey. As you can see from the photo, she and Barney have been getting along very well. In fact, I think there is now a real bond between them and I`m sure they will miss each other when the time comes to say `goodbye.`
They have enjoyed their scampers through assorted woods, played for hours, bitten each other`s ears with what I can only imagine are canine love bites - there has been the occasional squeal mainly as a result of the heightened passion blazing between them, they`ve rolled around a lot and generally shown all the signs of a blossoming relationship. I haven`t yet dared mention to Judy that Barney has had a certain `procedure,` which will cramp his style somewhat, but then who am I to spoil their last few hours of blissful company with such trifling details?

Where we have been staying is very much `country` and we have enjoyed seeing loads of birds feeding in the garden trees - I`m reliably informed that there were blue tits, great tits and even a nuthatch, so I`ve learnt something new about birds! Mrs. Snopper kept hearing noises in the night - throaty growls and grunting mainly - and she wondered if it might have been badgers or a rutting stag or even wild boar, such is the remoteness of the location. I suspect it was probably me. Well, I can dream, can`t I?

No comments: