Search This Blog

Thursday, September 24, 2009


TIME TO CELEBRATE...
Yesterday morning I went for my six-monthly check-up with Janice the Practice Nurse, who is welcome to practice on me anytime she likes. She took a blood sample to check my cholesterol and other stuff and took my blood pressure, which has been up and down over the years.
The good news is that my blood pressure is now the best it`s ever been, which is surprising really, given my frantic life style, the constant stress of being a Saints fan and my vegetarian diet which consists of eating only animals that have eaten grass. Anyway, I thought I deserved a bit of a celebration treat, so I bought a(nother) box of Tunnocks Tea Cakes, for which I have an abiding fondness. There may be more exciting ways to celebrate good news, but few that provide such a real sense of doing something so outrageously naughty. Don`t worry - I`ll be fine when I grow up.

No comments: