Search This Blog

Friday, September 04, 2009

MET OFFICE WEATHER WARNING?
This inviting big beach is just one of many we`ll be visiting next week. We set off early(ish) tomorrow morning for the 340 miles drive down to Carbis Bay in far west Cornwall. We`ll be staying in a lovely bungalow overlooking another big beach with distant views of Godrevy lighthouse.
I just hope the weather isn`t too bad. After all, the year is drifting into Autumn now and I don`t mind it being a bit chilly - bracing even - for I love nothing better than to be on a big beach with the sound of the surf, the wind in my face and a vast Cornish sky overhead. They`ve had a series of Met Office weather warnings down there of late - maybe they have blown themselves out by now and we can get some serious coast path walking in. Another holiday for Barney the Retriever - ten months old and already a seasoned traveller.
A good friend of mine, one Wurzel, has a blog which there`s a link to down the page a bit and on the right (see `Blog List`.) He and his family were down that way last weekend and he managed to post something on his blog from his mobile phone while he was down there. I do apologise, dear reader, but I`m afraid mobile phones are quite beyond me and long distance blogging is a big no-no. Anyway, I think Wurzel`s just being a bit flash. See you in a week or so.

No comments: