Search This Blog

Friday, February 08, 2008


SUITS ME JUST FINE.....
This is the view from the garden of Efford House overlooking the estuary of the River Erme on the Flete Estate in Devon - where much of `Sense and Sensibility` was filmed (the Ang Lee one, not the recent BBC one.) Another place I`ve often visited and enjoyed.
Now, I`ve been around for nearly 70 years but I can`t ever remember such glorious weather this early in the year. Birds are singing their heads off in my garden, buds forming on the garden plants, the grass is growing and Spring bulbs are blooming already. It`s just wonderful.
I just hope it lasts a while longer - the forecast for the `next few days` is for this early Spring weather to continue here in deepest Kent at least. Beyond that, who can tell? I`m not at all sure that it can be put down to global warming, because northern parts of the UK - north-west Scotland in particular - are having it pretty bad.
But if the warm, sunny weather we`re having down here is anything to do with global warming, then I`m afraid it suits me just fine. The winter blues - my usual SAD state for this time of year- have all been banished and even if we get a bit more winter in the weeks to come, it isn`t going to last long and dampen my spirits.
Global warming? Bring it on.

No comments: