Search This Blog

Friday, August 09, 2019


TO SEE OR NOT TO SEE.....

.......that is the question.   A couple of days ago I attended the Day Eye Clinic at Maidstone Hospital for the removal of a cataract from my left eye and to have a prosthetic implant to take its place.   It all went very well and once again I have bem very impressed with our wonderful National Health service.   The caring attitude of staff and  the skill of the eye surgeon and support staff was exemplary and I am sincerely grateful for and pleased with the results.   

The difference in my eyesight - at least in that one eye (the other one will be done next month) - has been a revelation.  Things that I could barely see before are now sharp, bright and in focus.  I have to be careful what I do for probably the next few weeks while I adjust to a new way of seeing with one eye that`s working well and the other one not so good.  

 I`ve already discovered that it`s not a good idea to drive a large(ish) car into a small(ish) garage  and not expect to pick up the odd dent in the bodywork.  But, hey ho, a small problem set against the enormous benefit of being able to see properly once more.

There`s quite a business to go through - a check up to see that the operation was completely successful, I`ll need some new glasses of course and the prospect of going through the whole thing again with the other eye is something I just want to get done .  In the meantime until my eyes are fully adjusted and I have my new spectacles (which could be some weeks away) I might just struggle a bit with small print, so if my posts on here are not as regular as usual, that`s the reason for it.  But I`ll keep trying and hope each day brings the improvement I am looking forward to.

I suppose if you can read this and it makes a bit of sense then perhaps my latest venture into posting on here might have worked.    

No comments: