Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 08, 2018

ONE OF THOSE DAYS...

Another glorious day with the sun shining and a warm feel to it.  And then it occurs to me just what the day might hold for me and I feel a bit like Charley Brown.

A couple of weeks ago we were in Cornwall and one morning I woke up and couldn`t hear anything out of one ear.  Finally, this afternoon, I have managed to negotiate an appointment with a practice nurse to have it syringed so I hope my hearing will be restored later today.  Pardon?

Then off to put the car in dock to sort out some nasty scratches.  As we were leaving our holiday house in Padstow, the rain was lashing down, visibility was pretty poor and as I reversed down the sloping drive I just caught the rear door panel on a concrete post.  So off to the menders - again!!

And this evening my beloved Saints take on Swansea at their home ground in a decider for which of the two teams gets relegated from the Premier League.   Squeaky bum time indeed but I just know that, after being a Saints fan for well over 70 years, it will probably end in tears as the footballing Gods, incompetent refereeing and hotel cancellations all seem to conspire against us.   

So, all in all, just one of those days but I still count my blessings knowing deep down that my plight is so much more agreeable than that of many others.   Que sera, sera.

No comments: