Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 16, 2013


THE TENSION MOUNTS..

Yes, folks, any time now the thrilling news will break that the Duchess of Cambridge, aka Kate Wales, will give birth to a fledgling monarch.   Now of course, as with all happy events, I genuinely hope all goes well for Mum and baby and yet I can`t avoid the notion that the newborn will have a life of pampered privilege, all expenses paid, all in the service of the nation of course.

So maybe the choice of the child`s name might bring just a hint of normality to these proceedings and a name in keeping with these modern times would seem to be a good place to start.   I`m going for Wayne or Tegan, although I think there is a case for children to be able to choose their own names once they reach a certain age, although King Wayne sounds good.   I`ll be 74 on Friday (wonder if that will be the day of national rejoicing?) and, as it`s about time I grew up a bit, maybe I`ll change my name to Hunk or Grit or something equally appropriate.  As the tension mounts over the next few days, I can hardly wait.  Possibly.

No comments: