Search This Blog

Friday, June 10, 2011

WELL CHOSEN?

Congratulations to HRH The Duke of Edinburgh on his 90th birthday.  I didn`t see it all but I saw snippets of his interview on television last night with Fiona Bruce.   I enjoyed his attitude to things and, of course, at that age, you have a lifetime of experience to draw upon and it showed in the honesty of his responses.   Lots to admire there.
But I began to wonder why Fiona had been chosen for the task in preference, say, to Emily Maitlis or Sian Williams, both of whom are perhaps a little ahead of the fragrant Ms. Bruce in the gravitas stakes.   And then I realised that there was something entirely appropriate about being interviewed on your 90th birthday by someone who presents the Antiques Roadshow.  

Anyway, Happy Birthday Phil. 

No comments: