Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A FITTING AWARD..

In an age when `awards` are dished out like confetti at a wedding, it`s pleasing to see one which has been thoroughly deserved.   Brian Cant, the now 77-year old voice behind the children`s programmes I loved when our three sons were tiny, has at last been recognised by BAFTA.   They are going to present Brian with an outstanding contribution award and about time too.


I think our boys enjoyed those programmes - I certainly did - and for me and many others who, like me, refuse to grow up, they remain a high point in an otherwise forgettable tv history.

I`m sure they`re dancing in the streets of Chigley, Trumpton and Camberwick Green with Windy Miller (pictured) giving it large, Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grubb marching proudly at the news and PC McGarry keeping an eye on things.  Just in case.

Told you I hadn`t grown up.


No comments: