Search This Blog

Sunday, March 21, 2010

A SHORT BREAK..

After the longest and worst winter for decades, I`m looking forward to a few days away in North Devon next week. We`ll be staying in Woolacombe (pictured) and no doubt moving the sheep along as we walk around the headland of Baggy Point and take in the spectacular views around to Morte Point in the far distance. Just hope the weather is like it is in the picture, but at the end of March, who can tell? It won`t really matter though, for the change of scenery, some sea air and revisiting old haunts will do us good and go some way towards lightening the mood after a difficult winter.

Back next Friday; just in time to have Saturday to get sorted out before heading off to Wembley early on Sunday to see Saints play Carlisle in the final of the Johnstones Paint Trophy. Yes, I know, but a final is a final and (gloomy thought) now being the wrong side of 70, I don`t know how many more chances I might get to see the Saints in a Wembley final.

So, apologies for absence for a short while. I think it is possible these days to `blog` remotely and I think one or two of my blogging friends might know how to do that. Not me, I`m afraid - I remain in the ranks of the terminally dim so far as hi-techy stuff is concerned - but I`ll be back on these pages in a week or so once I`ve dried out.

No comments: