Search This Blog

Friday, January 09, 2009


JAWS 3...

As long ago as 2nd December, I mentioned that I was about to embark on a course of serious dental work, as my choppers were in need of sorting out while I still had a few left. I don`t know why I`m telling you this, because it`s really not the most rivetting subject in the world. Maybe I am so pleased with myself, overcoming my demons, that I want to display my newfound hunkiness - if only to myself.
Anyway, the first couple of visits to lovely lady dentist Louise confirmed that I was in the hands of a caring, experienced professional who understood the anxieties of a grumpy old man, terrified of what he might have to undergo. I had some fillings, which stood up well to the Cashew Nut Test over Christmas. I also had to have a root extraction but despite Louise tugging, pulling, yanking away for quite some time, it just refused to be extracted. I`m told I have to wait a while before her sprained wrist recovers so she can try again. Suits me.
This morning, I had my fifth visit. We`re now on to the bit whereby eventually I get some brand new, high-tech, state-of-the-art, high-flying, ocean-going, whizzo choppers and to that end, Louise took the last impressions this morning. In three weeks time they might be ready to try out. I wonder if they`ll have a kind of test snack ready for me to sink my gnashers into.
Photobucket
My fear of dentistry remains, of course, but I know the journey I`m on will have been worth it, thanks to Louise and her bevy of young lady helpers. At times, I think I`m in the hands of the tooth fairy...... but this time I`ll be paying her. And a bit more than a silver sixpence.

No comments: