Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 30, 2008


THANK YOU, GOD!

The past week or so has seen us enjoying warm, dry, sunny weather here in the Garden of England. The grass has started to grow again, buds appearing in the orchards, birds singing. That kind of thing.

Tomorrow, I`ll be heading for Stansted Airport to collect my youngest son, his wife and two boys who are flying in from Hamburg to stay with us for a few days. So we had been hoping that they would be blessed with a continuation of the Spring-like weather of late.

But no. The weather forecast for tomorrow is for heavy rain and gale force winds (what`s the betting the QE2 Bridge will be closed?) and the prospect for Friday is even worse, with snow on the way. All thanks to an icy blast coming down from the Arctic. I think this will be the view through my car windscreen:-

Just when we needed the fine weather for our visitors, it turns for the worse. Typical. Just typical. Thank you, God. Thank you so much. Just wait `til I get up there!
Celestial Update : By the time I set out on my journey to Stansted, the rain had stopped and, despite being a bit nippy in the stiff breeze, I had no problems. And today has dawned bright and clear - still a bit nippy in the stiff breeze but nothing to complain about. Just shows what a bit of grumbling can do. Thank you, God. How could I ever doubt you?

No comments: