Search This Blog

Monday, July 09, 2007



C`EST MANIFIQUE !!


It`s confession time!!

Any cynical reservations I may have expressed about the Tour de France progressing through Kent have been well and truly dispelled. I started watching it on tv when the tour reached the part of the Garden of England close to where I live - I suppose it was the novelty of seeing nearby places on television - but I soon became hooked on the event itself.
The organisation, the competitiveness, the teamwork, the individual endurance, skill and courage of the riders were quite stunning and the event was crowned by a quite breathtaking climax at Canterbury when Robbie McEwen came back from a fall and injury to snatch a dramatic stage win.......and all the while, the Kent countryside has seldom looked more inviting.
What I may have thought of as a Tour de Farce has turned out to be a Tour de Force. It`s never too late to learn!
Bravo!!

No comments: