Search This Blog

Friday, September 30, 2011


THE ROAD TO NIRVANA..

Recent events from this madcap world have shown how, in two easy stages, it might be possible to reach Nirvana - that much sought after `state of supreme happiness.`  It goes like this.

Just up the road from me there`s a nice bit of rural countryside, with rolling fields nestling beneath the North Downs - all within the designated Green Belt.  I`ve no idea who owns the land but I`m thinking of moving up there, acquiring a white Transit van and constructing a shack from various bits of `material that has come my way.`   It will be idyllic - surrounded by peace and quiet, no hastle, the freedom of the open air - what could be better?  

Of course, I won`t have to pay any taxes, council or otherwise and it doesn`t really matter to me that maybe I shouldn`t be there because my human rights will outweigh any conscientious feelings I might have.   Now I imagine that those in `authority` might take a bit of a dim view of it and I suppose I might be served with the odd eviction notice and stuff like that but I`m pretty sure the United Nations, Vanessa Redgrave, a whole host of lawyers and human rights activists will come to my aid and fight for me to be allowed to stay.   If all goes well, I might just have ten years or so before I`m presented with enough inducements to encourage me to leave.

The other thing I have in mind is to start borrowing shedloads of cash and spending it on stuff I might not really need whilst also maintaining my essential stocks of tarmac, lucky heather, lavender and such like.   Of course, I`ll do my best to try and pay some of it back but I`m pretty sure it will be impossible.   No matter, because one bright day the people to whom I owe said shedload will come along and tell me that they`ve written off, kissed goodbye, to at least half of what I owe them and at the same time they`ll give me another shedload so I can go and spend that.  

Now if those two `strategies` - which might at first glance appear unconnected - are put together, then the Road to Nirvana is guaranteed.   All you have to do is find a nice bit of Green Belt land on the outskirts of Athens and you`ve got it made. 

No comments: