Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 06, 2007



WHAT ARE THEY FRIGHTENED OF?

Most afternoons, I take our Retriever (Henry) for a wander around the parish. We don`t have a fixed route, but the walks are dictated more by Henry`s nose than anything else - if he sniffs something interesting, then we tend to follow the scent, sometimes with interesting consequences.

But it does mean that I get to see quite a lot of detail in and around the village and even small, subtle changes do not escape notice. So I was intrigued by a new initiative by the Police, which I hadn`t spotted until yesterday. They have arranged for some new signs to be fitted to some of the lamp-posts around the village `greens` which proudly proclaim that `Sheds in this area are alarmed.`

My own shed is clearly concerned about the state it`s in - the roofing felt needs replacing after recent gales; the floor needs sorting out and maybe some of the clutter inside could be sorted out too. Maybe I should give it some attention before paranoia sets in.

No comments: