Search This Blog

Friday, December 21, 2012





MAYANS RIGHT ALL ALONG?

Well, I was all geared up for it.   At 11 minutes past 11 this morning, I was ready for it all to end and I had wondered where I might be and what I might be doing when the end of the world happened.   In the end, I decided to keep calm and carry on with my `normal` Friday morning ritual.

And so it was that at the appointed moment I found myself stuffing empty plastic bottles into the recycling bank at our nearby Tesco WhizzoStore.   Now this might sound a trifle mundane, but at it least had the merit of me preparing to meet my maker doing something useful to save the planet, thus earning brownie points for the final reckoning.

But the moment came and went, leaving me to wonder what had gone wrong with the Mayan calendar, which might well have been one from Tesco`s value range otherwise I might not be here now.  But this morning there was anarchy in the Tesco car park - horns blaring, fists being shaken, obscenities chilling the midwinter air (I really must learn to control my frustrations);  in the store it was predictably crowded with pre-Christmas shopping - food and drink being stacked into high-rise trollies and then the seemingly endless queue for the checkout.


It all made me wonder whether the Mayan prediction had come true after all. Jingle bells!

No comments: