Search This Blog

Monday, October 14, 2019


WHAT`S TO LIKE ?...

.....about Monday mornings?  Well, not a lot by the look of it.  The rain is teeming down, it`s dark and gloomy and already Summer seems so very far away.   And as my mood descends in keeping with the day I start to reflect on a few things that annoy me.  Here are a few to be going on with:-

- those reporters or `journalists` or TV inquisitors who shout out ridiculous questions at Government Ministers as they stomp up Downing Street to enter Number 10.  Surely these media chumps don`t expect any answers to their daft questions and I just wish they would stop shouting them out.  It`s very annoying.

- and  it`s about time there was a ban on those other cretins who seem to have taken up residence outside Parliament with their flags, banners and  megaphones - again under the illusion that their antics have any effect on their intended targets.  Very annoying.

- and I turn on the TV in the morning and there is BBC Breakfast (which I turn on so I can press the red button and check up on football gossip - it`s quite startling how many players are reported to be signing for Manchester United) and most mornings I can live with presenters such as Louise Minchin and Dan Walker.  But too often we are subjected to the appalling Naga Munchetty who seems rather full of herself, patronising, a bit shouty, especially at the same Government Ministers who have just been shouted at in Downing Street and who seems to think that her asinine jibes at her working colleagues are in any way amusing.   They might be to her but I`m pretty sure they are not to anyone else.  She is just simply annoying.

- last night I watched `Countryfile` which I was looking forward to as it featured Wembury - a bit of south Devon near Plymouth which we have enjoyed visiting a number of times.   But it was all very `BBC` - rather than just letting viewers enjoy the scenery, the landscape and the peace and quiet of Wembury, we were treated to yet another lecture about plastic in the sea and on the shoreline.  I`m getting fed up being lectured about plastic - it has become very annoying.

- and I wonder whether Greta Thunberg has made it back to Stockholm yet, presumaby on another solar powered, vegan, plastic-free boat.  I assume she will go back to school, get a hundred lines and stop being so annoying.

But maybe as the week goes by the mood will lighten and things might happen that lift the spirit rather than perpetuate the gloom.  Or maybe, just maybe, now I am enjoying my octogenarian status, I`m simply being a grumpy old git.


No comments: